Monday, March 23, 2020

Beauty's Beast Book Review or should it be Beast's Beauty?

I read this book for FREE on kindle! One of my favorite topics is fairytale retellings and when I heard of this I had to pick it up. Normally, I don't pick up books with a male's torso on the cover though. I never have a good relationship with these types of books. But I put my judgement aside and decided to give it a chance. The start of the book started off promising. Daphne was strong and independent which I love in a character. Bonus points, she was also very smart or so that's how she came off at first. That all changed once the Beast entered her life. Daphne finds out that her father along with her good friend Adam have been selling part of the business and research she has been working so hard at. Due to this, the Beast makes Daphne his, and he is in full control. This is where it goes down hill. At first, Daphne is determined to save the business and get away from the Beast. The Beast tells her that he'll take care of her and that she doesn't have to worry about anything. Then he goes into abusive mode by telling her this and then saying she basically can't do anything without his permission. His goal is to make Daphne submit to him. Daphne let's this asshole break her walls and even take her virginity when he doesn't even deserve to have it. She had to prove to him that she was a virgin??? No, no, no, she does not owe him that! Then Daphne finds out that this Beast is a longtime "friend" Logan. Some friend! Who in the hell does this shit to their friend? He even said that he loved her for a long time and she loves him as well. But Logan is no longer the same person and I feel that Daphne needs to accept that. Daphne has never been in a relationship due to her work taking up all of her time. Also, she is oblivious when a guy does like her. Logan being her first everything is actually really sad. He's not showing her what a relationship should be like. He doesn't even explain his rules until after she breaks one of them. Logan just punishes her and makes up a reason why. Daphne knows that this is all wrong and she shouldn't want to be with Logan at all. But of course she feels sorry for him and wants to change/save him. Blech! How about he stops pitying himself and saves his own ass? He's such a big strong man right? Amazon has this book as an Enemies to Lovers Dark Romance. I have to disagree. I see this more as a Bully type of book. I don't think it's romantic and these two are not lovers! Oh yes, it was so romantic when Logan grabbed Daphne's vagina in front of her mother's grave. I did finish the book since it was a short read. I will not be continuing the series though. Breaking down strong and independent women is not my cup of tea. This is a book about an abusive relationship really. Logan "I'm going to hurt you, but then I'll take you in my arms and comfort you". That is not ok! 
1 Star


No comments:

Post a Comment