Friday, January 17, 2020

Ugly Love by: Colleen Hoover Book Review

I'm here with my first ever book review! This is the most recent book I have finished reading, Ugly Love by Colleen Hoover. You haven't heard of Colleen Hoover? I recommend reading Verity then if you'd like to start and you'll see how good she is. I hardly ever read contemporary romance, but I have to make an exception when it comes to Colleen she is an excellent author! I've read almost all of her books and out of all of them there were two I didn't like and I liked the other 7. Anyway, moving on to my review of Ugly Love!
Ugly Love by: Colleen Hoover 4 stars
This is another one of those books by Colleen Hoover that made me want to keep reading more because she's such an excellent writer. But also I didn't completely love the story either due to another set of characters who somehow fell in love and I'm questioning how and why, but for a very good reason. Miles is Tate's brother's friend who she is very attracted to physically and same goes for Miles. I like Tate because she does have standards and is quite independent. Even though she lives with her brother temporarily her goal is to eventually get her own place and she never strays from doing that for anyone! Miles is hard to like, because it's hard to know him. But we do see more of him from his past, but at the same time I feel like we still didn't know much about him. When we dive into Miles tragic past with his first love we just find out how Miles and Rachel's love became ugly when it was once so beautiful. The story is set six years later from when Miles and Rachel parted ways and since then Miles has not had any type of intimate reaction with anyone. But when he meets Tate that all changes and he wants to have a fuck buddy. Tate agrees to it and thinks it'll be easy because Miles and Tate aren't friends and even had an awkward first meeting. Miles has two rules which are never ask about his past and don't expect a future. I think those are great rules if you're going to just fuck. But Tate starts to fall for Miles and as time goes on he does see that. But Miles constantly puts his foot down and doesn't try to push the relationship further. Now, these two for the most part just work at their jobs and fuck each other. They don't try to get to know each other or develop a relationship outside of sex. But Tate does push it because she sees Miles is falling for her too. I honestly didn't understand why. I get that their sex was fantastic for the both of them, but they still hardly knew each other and yet were falling for one another. Miles had this wall constantly put up against everyone, but Tate kept chipping away at it. Tate proved that she could handle Miles and whatever his past is. But Miles always pushed her away. In order to move forward with Tate he has to confront his past and put his mind at ease. I thought this story was great and Colleen is such a fantastic writer she hardly ever disappoints me with her work. I just wish the relationships between characters were a bit more believable. I feel like the biggest thing that connected Tate and Miles was the sex which is probably true. But I wish I could see a deeper connection between the characters. Miles did start opening up to Tate, but it was only a start and I wanted to see more of these two building their relationship on a higher level than sex.

So, if you've read this story what are your thoughts? Trust me I love Colleen and her writing, but unfortunately I feel like the chemistry for the characters is missed sometimes. I will sit down reading one of her books and not want to put it down. This one was no exception! Colleen tells great stories and that's what author's do. I can't wait to read more of her books in the future. I still need to read Slammed, Confess, and Regretting You and I look forward to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment