Monday, January 27, 2020

Writing Life

There's a lack of book reviews on my page and I apologize for that. Right now I'm currently reading the Chemist which I hope I can get through today if time allows me to do that. But I did come here with a bit of an update. Some of you don't know this about me, but I am also an author. I have written two novels, but I pulled them down from Amazon about a year ago. Neither of the books were content I typically liked to write and they flopped. I accepted it and I'm ok with that. It made me think I needed a break from writing until I found out what I really wanted to do. This time I want to write about something that I love writing about. With that said, I finally found that idea and I am so ready to write it. I'm going to be managing my blog at the same time and I think I'll be reading a little less. My reading goal this year is set for 120 books and I'm keeping it that way for the time being. At the same time I will not be focusing on the goal. I'm going to read when I want to. This blog may have more Disney posts during this time. Last night, a song inspired the story in my head. All of last night I could not stop thinking about it. The only thing I want to tell you is that it is vampire and Disney inspired! That's all I'm saying because unfortunately you can't trust the writing community too much anymore. That's sad to say because I would love to talk about this idea more because it's very exciting for me! The problem is that I don't have a publisher where I am contracted to write this. Plus, this idea is not out in the world yet so anyone can get their grubby paws on it. Some people even have writing as their career while I have a career aside from writing, a blog to manage, a family to care for, books to read, etc. You get where I'm going with this. This book could take me a long time to write due to all these other responsibilities I have along with it. Sure, I could neglect reading or my family, but that is absolutely not an option. That could give someone who is a full time writer the perfect opportunity to take this idea and run with it. I'm not taking that chance. Right now, the story is still in a brainstorming process, but I feel confident that it will happen. I say this because I have many story ideas that I would love to write, but have not. Some made a little progress, but I have not published a novel in four years. I have written short stories for anthologies which got chosen so I know I'm good with short stories. It's hard having the patience to write a full lengh novel, but I will be doing this and probably at a snail pace. Thank you for understand and I appreciate all the support!

No comments:

Post a Comment