Monday, January 20, 2020

Walt Life Subscription Experience

For awhile I have been wanting to try a Disney subscription box because I obviously, love Disney! I have done other subscription boxes before that weren't Disney. I've done Japancrate, Doki Doki, and Snackbox and I recommend them all! Before I subscribed to a Disney box I did some research. Walt Life and the Disney Princess Box appealed to me the most. Disney Princess appealed to me because I adore the princesses and you would get a new one every month! For your first box you could choose one of three princesses that you want. I had the choice of Belle, Cinderella, or Tiana at the time I was looking into it. What stopped me was that it is geared more towards little girls who aren't above the age of eight. Nothing wrong with that, but one of the items is a princess dress which I obviously couldn't wear. Also, I don't have kids and my niece isn't really into princesses as much as other kid themed shows. I looked at reviews for both and they all seemed promising! Walt Life is a more random box where items are just picked for you. With Walt Life you get to tell them a few things about yourself so they can gear it to you personally. But just with any box you don't get to pick exactly what you like and or want. The fun of it, is the surprises packed inside! I went with Walt Life because it was the better deal. The box is about $80, but you can get a discount on the first box you order. I got a Christmas discount and it came to about $60. Now, I did go with the most expensive box. There's a few to choose from, but I wanted the biggest one because of the items it would contain. You can choose from the Surprise Box which is great if you're planning a Disney trip! There's Classic box if you're not looking to spend a lot it's the lowest one being only $30 and comes with three random items. There's a few others that are mid price range such as Magic box, Snack box, Magic Plus box. The box I got was Kingdom box which is the most expensive. Kingdom box comes with 3 Disney parks items and 3 random Disney items. I have a few pictures of the items I got from the box below! My favorite was definitely the Rapunzel ornament! Out of 5 stars for that box I'd give it a two which is okay. I felt like the box didn't add up cost wise for the items I received. A funko goes for like $5 anymore, you can resell an ornament like the Tinkerbell one for dirt cheap. I also got a Mary Poppins pin and I'm not a fan, but found out the pin goes for $10 on EBay. A tsum goes for as low as $3 and are so easy to get. The most expensive item I got was the Rapunzel ornament which was $16.95. So I didn't hate it, but the problem is that it's not even close to worth the price. There was also a little problem that happened. The subscription renewed and I forgot to cancel. I realize that was my mistake and I got charged. I really didn't want a second box, I tried it and didn't like it as much as I thought I would. I contacted Walt Life support in less than 24 hours from when the charge happened and let them know I didn't want the second box. I told them I would appreciate it if the charge could be removed. I got an email back saying that my box already shipped and they hoped I would enjoy it, if not I could send it back. Now, when they ship boxes you will receive an email saying it shipped. I had not received the confirmation. I contacted them the 12th of December. They replied within 24 hours so I responded and said that I did not get a confirmation that it shipped so, it shouldn't be an issue to just remove the charge. I got no response back for a few days so, I contacted them back a few more times asking them to remove the charge and making it clear I didn't want the box. December 18th comes and I get an email saying the box has shipped and still no response to my previous emails. They replied the next day after my box "shipped" saying they basically couldn't help and they were so "busy" because it's the holidays. Really? You could respond to my first email in 24 hours. But as soon as I call you out on your lies you take a whole week? Not buying it. Since I am in good financial standing, I decided I'll take the box no big deal. I do love Disney and maybe this second box will be better. Well, I hate to say it, but it wasn't. This time I was even more disappointed because I paid for items I didn't want in the first place. This surprise box confirmed that. A few things I got were a scarf featuring one of Disney's shops, Minnie Mouse ears, Nightmare Before Christmas pin, just to name a few. I'm not a huge fan of any of these and once again the items didn't match the box price. Maybe about half the price. I am seeing the brighter side and have packed the items in a box to give to my Disney loving best friend. I really wish Walt Life had better customer service and that their boxes made me feel as happy as some Disney lovers. But they really fell short on that. I know that Walt Life is not affiliated with Disney so this isn't Disney's problem. Walt Life has just shown me how greedy they are about their business. That is not a business I wanna throw my money at. All I can really say is,I hope they do better in the future. Also, if you love them for whatever reason I'm genuinely happy for you. You had a better experience than I did and you can enjoy this box. This is just my bad experience with the company. They literally had two chances to show me what they got, and they failed to deliver. Thanks for "trying" anyway Walt Life. 


No comments:

Post a Comment