Friday, January 17, 2020

Indie Author Colleen Hoover and some Big News!

I know my most recent post was about Colleen Hoover, but I'm going to talk about her some more anyway because I simply can! I just found out some exciting news from her Instagram so stay tuned if you wanna find out. Colleen is my favorite contemporary romance author! Even though I don't always like the romances from her books I can not deny the talent this women has. Her stories just reel you in like a fisherman trying to catch the biggest fish he can. And I am the fish that sees that big juicy worm, not the hook. But then once that hook is in, it will not let go. Some of my favorite books from Colleen are Verity which is her only thriller, It Ends With Us, and Without Merit. The only two I haven't enjoyed was Finding Cinderella which was a short story she wrote. I thought Never Never was only okay. The first book I really enjoyed then it went down hill in books 2 and 3 for me. Regardless, of those two she has wrote some great books that I had the pleasure of reading. Besides the writing, Colleen is just an awesome person in general. I haven't gotten to meet this wonderful lady yet, but online she is so fun and silly I really believe she is being her true self. She makes me crack up with her weird stories and amazing personality. Also, anyone who has gotten to meet her has said nothing, but nice words about Colleen. If you follow Colleen on any social media platform you also know she has amazing giveaways! So, she's also a very giving person. She never just picks just one winner either. It's usually anywhere from 10-100 yes, this is very true. I'm not sure who doesn't like Colleen, but I find it hard to believe if you do. She's a great writer, funny, sweet, and giving! Now onto some big news! Colleen
recently released another contemporary romance Regretting You and before the release said she had been thinking about writing another genre. She did this when she wrote Verity so we already know that it's not a thriller. And of course she's famous for her contemporary romance works so that's definitely not it either. Well, I have photo proof that it is a paranormal romance and I couldn't be more excited! Paranormal Romance is one of my favorite genres in books so this makes me pretty damn happy to hear it. I'm really hoping for it to be about vampires or mermaids or even both! Someone like Colleen writing in this genre could even get it back up and running like in the Twilight days. I admit I was a sucker for Twilight (HA get it sucker? I kill myself), but who wasn't. Since Twilight and Vampire Diaries I have been waiting for the day where paranormal romance could make a big comeback. It has been over 10 years and I think it's time. I truly believe an author like Colleen will make this happen and I am so ready and here for it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment