Sunday, February 2, 2020

Fallen Angel by: Heather Terrell Book Review

I decided to reread this book. When I was younger I really enjoyed it, but I didn't this much this time around. Ellie and Michael have no connection other than that they're the same creature. They go on a few dates, but we don't get any good details about those dates. We're just told that they have a good time and enjoy each other's company. It was hard to feel that connection that they had. I wanted to see what they had beyond being similar creatures. You don't just love someone because they are the same species as you. There is more to it than that. Michael is a very nice guy to Ellie which is good. But I still feel like I know very little about him. The best relationship in this book is between Ellie and her best friend Ruth. Ellie went over walls to get close to Ruth. Ellie sticks by Ruth even when the popular girls try to take an interest in Ellie. Ruth is fiercely loyal to the point where she will worry if Ellie acts weird or doesn't respond to a call or text. I know that Ellie really loves her parents and really wants their trust, love, and respect. But I feel the conversations and the times they shared are mostly just told and not really shown. I would have liked to see more of that as well. It's a cute short story for anyone looking for something a little different. It also had a love triangle which I'm not always a big fan of.



No comments:

Post a Comment