Monday, February 17, 2020

Review of Wicked: Witch by Nancy Holder and Debbie Viguie



1 star DNF
I read this book back in middle school and I enjoyed it so, I decided to read it again. I honestly didn't remember much at all from this book. After attempting to reread it I could see why. The book started off strong with a water rafting accident taking place leaving Holly without parents or her bestest friend. But then it started to get jumpy and I found myself losing interest. After trying to push through I gave up 50 pages in. I know that the other events taking place were important to the book, but the character's didn't pull me in. I really wanted to keep reading about Holly and what she would go through during the aftermath of the event. But the book kept jumping around to other POV's and I found myself getting bored with them. I was hoping I would get to relive a book I enjoyed years ago, but it was not enjoyable. Now I remember that the book did have trouble getting to the good parts and it took me until the fourth book to really get into the series. I remembered I kept reading this series to see if the books would get better because they did hold a promising storyline. But I'm not patient enough anymore to wait for the fourth. This book does have a nice cover though that can definitely suck you in and make you want to read it. If you're into witches this may be for you. I usually don't like books on witches so this probably just wasn't a good pick for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment