Monday, February 10, 2020

The Chemist by: Stephenie Meyer review!


I picked this one up because it's by Stephenie Meyer. I enjoyed her Twilight series during my time in middle school. I didn't care for The Host as much, but her writing was still brilliant! It was no different for this book. Her writing immediately captivated me, but I didn't have a desire for the subject matter. It's basically scientists dealing with mob bosses. I really don't like books that deal with mob bosses. It always turns the book flat for me and it was no different here, unfortunately. I was excited for something new by Meyer and I thought I would enjoy this right from the beginning. But I find nothing interesting or appealing about mob bosses so I ended up not finishing and not getting even 100 pages through. I was really excited too because this sounded like an adult version of Maximum Ride which is my favorite book series. This was just more adult than Maximum Ride. The writing was great I loved Juliana our lead. But when mob bosses came in, I was out. This is definitely something different from Meyer which is something good for her writing career. I’m disappointed though because I Twilight is a good series in it’s own way. Meyer has great writing talent and it shows in all of her works. I tried reading this book twice and the second time I dropped the book after two chapters. I wanted to give it another shot because I do see potential, but then I remembered there are mob bosses. I give this book 2 stars because it’s fair even though I didn’t finish it. Again, Meyer’s writing is really good and I respect it so I feel that giving this 1 star wouldn’t be right. I didn’t finish the book due to my lack of interest which I acknowledge. Also, I do have to say I didn’t care much for any of the character’s I got to see during my time reading this book. I do feel like this is a book that some people will enjoy too! It’s just not my cup of tea. Regardless, I encourage any Meyer fan or spy fan to pick this one up because you will like it I’m sure. 
With that said, this book gets 2 out of 5 stars from me! 


No comments:

Post a Comment